Table of Contents
You can reach a larger audience with videos on social.
Did you know one of the most powerful ways to reach potential customers is the combination of social media and video marketing? Nearly 50% of the world’s population uses social media. That’s over 3 billion users worldwide. (Statista) And videos get 21.2% more interactions compared to images. (Sprout Social)
And yes, bigger is better. But the magic of having such a large audience at your fingertips is the ability to target only the exact people you want to. Have you ever felt like ads are following you? They kinda do. Social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn let you target your exact customer. You can target by age, location, job title, income, interests, relationship status, and more – the possibilities are endless! This helps you target only the people who are more likely to purchase from you, saving you time and valuable resources on your digital marketing efforts.
If that weren’t enough, social media is the perfect place to target videos across every stage of the buyer’s journey. Not only can you start by attracting new visitors through paid social media advertising. You can continue to engage your current audience by providing riveting and fun content to those who have shown an interest in your brand. Nurture your prospects by hitting them with challenges and videos to convince them to buy. And lastly, you can continue to provide value to those who have already purchased so they become raving fans.
Video is the most engaging social media content.
If you’re active on any social platform, you’ve noticed the increased presence of video. More and more platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok) are prioritizing videos over other types of content because of their ability to engage and convert. Right now video is the most engaging format on Facebook and because of this, it reaches the largest audience. It’s also the preferred marketing tool for businesses of all sizes.
Social platforms are an especially great place to host video content – the ability to communicate in an emotional, and the interactive way can do so much more than the written word in a much shorter time. It’s crucial to post video content on your social pages. If you’re not, you’re missing out on tons of likes, shares, comments, and reactions, the type of organic engagement that spreads your brand presence further than you can imagine.
The best practices for social video.
What’s your hold up? Video content is easier than ever to create and, lucky for you, it’s never too late to start. Not sure how to get going? Here are a few best practices that’ll help you get your social video content off the ground.
- Make sure to keep social videos short. Viewership typically drops dramatically after the first eight seconds, it’s so important to communicate your message as quickly as possible. The best-performing social videos are about 15-30 seconds long.
- Sound. It’s important to make sure your video works with and without sound. The majority of social videos are watched muted, so you want to grab your viewer’s attention without relying solely on sound or dialogue.
- Don’t do the same thing over and over again. Keep it interesting! Film different angles, different people, different locations, and include graphics and animations to keep your viewer engaged.
- Testimonials and reviews perform great on social media. There’s nothing better than letting satisfied customers tell their stories. It’s more relatable and ups your credibility.
- Keep your brand messaging consistent. You don’t want to confuse your customers. Whatever story you’re telling, keep your brand guidelines, logos, colors, and tone of voice in line with your other marketing materials.
- Last of all HAVE FUN! There’s nothing worse than a boring video posted online just for the sake of saying you did it. Have fun with your videos and think about what your audience would most love to see. Then, give it to them!
There is no better way to find new customers and establish long-term relationships than with social videos. Give us the word and we’ll help you get started, whether you need full-on video production, or just need some social content pointers. As a full-service video production and marketing company, CutBoard wants to help you engage your viewers and keep your brand top of mind.
The Budget Mom, Workbook Launch
Hoffman Music, Testimonial
Spokane Riverkeepers, Bloopers
YTI-Social Fun Mix
5 North Brewing, FB/Insta Ads